Interlibrary Borrowing Guidelines
The mission of Shoreline Community College Library’s Interlibrary Loan service is to support learning activities at the College by expanding the range of materials available for scholarship beyond the physical and electronic collections of the Library and to support the library community by lending its materials to other libraries.
- Shoreline Community College Library offers Interlibrary Loan service to all students and employees of the college to support academic studies or work for the college.
- Patrons should submit interlibrary loan requests through the interlibrary loan request in the Library One Search.
- Library staff will borrow books from other libraries, and obtain copies of articles, as permitted by copyright law.
- Any material may be requested. If the library has the material and it is available, Library staff will notify the requestor. If the library owns the material and it is not currently available library staff will attempt to request it.
- Some materials, such as theses, dissertations, and rare or out-of-print books, are difficult to obtain. Library staff will attempt to obtain these materials. When materials are unavailable library staff will refer patrons to a librarian for help identifying other resources.
- Lending libraries determine how long they will lend, if they will allow renewals, and may otherwise restrict how their materials are used. Patrons who want renewals should request them prior to the due date.
- Physical items may be picked up at the library Ask Desk and return them to the same location. Damage, loss, or late return may result in fines.
- Library staff will send a link to access electronic copies of requested articles to the patron’s Shoreline Community College email address.